Tuesday, October 15, 2019 / by Fona Abad
Thinking About Buying A Home? Improve Your Credit Score With These Tips
Your credit score plays a key role in the homebuying process. Having a high credit score can help you score a lower interest rate on your mortgage—which can save you tens of thousands of dollars over the course of your loan.
But if you have a less-than-perfect credit score, there’s no reason to panic! There are steps you can take to increase your credit score—and snag the lower interest rates that come along with it.
A recent article from Apartment Therapy outlined five key strategies to improving your credit score, including:
- Paying your bills on time, all the time;
- Keeping credit card balances low;
- Auditing your credit report on a regular basis (and correcting any mistakes);
- Limiting hard inquiries; and
- Giving your score time to grow
Bottom line? If you make these five strategies a rule, your credit score will improve—and you’ll be able to save money on your mortgage as a result.